Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy B-day George & Abe!

Started off Presidents' Day with a.m. yoga (yeah, doesn't sound like me, but sad to admit not doin' much exercise on my own these days...so bonded with some ladies @ Enrichment group:) & I'm not gonna lie, I felt it the morning afterward in my neck/shoulders of all places?!). Then I pretty much consigned myself to a mellow holiday cleaning up the house & other odds & ends to start a new week=your basic Mon. Made a couple of phone calls & in walks my husband ready to play for rest of day!?! He'd gone to work @ 3A (typical, but usually doesn't return until after dinner-ugh!), but this time he wanted to surprise us with afternoon off! Kinda caught me off guard, but not hard decision between laundry vs. spending money while having a party with my boys. So we got outta our jammies & celebrated the b-days of our dear former U.S. presidents @ the Family Fun Center! Since we had rare sighting of the sun, decided to take advantage of remainder of afternoon with miniature golf (boys' first real attempt outside of their computer game)! Here are our lil' Tiger & Nicklaus in action...











Still working on their technique not to mention focus...Dane gave up on any that you had to hit into tunnel prior to the hole & resorted to just throwing inside:)
As you can see, 18 holes was plenty for these amateurs! But Chris thinks they'll be ready for the U.S. Open @ Chambers Bay in 2015:) So onto go carts! They thought this was a pretty cool ride as well...As close to NASCAR as we'll ever get:)












As the sun went down & we realized it was still winter, we moved indoors. We also decided to divide & conquer...Cole chose to satisfy his Chuck E. Cheese tendencies with tickets from games redeemable toward VALUABLE (to a 3 & 5 yr. old, respectively) prizes & Dane wanted to go crazy in Kidopolis=3 McD playlands stacked on top of each other:). Chris went with arcade boy & I got a workout trying to follow my youngest super hero for the last hour. It was quite the birthday party:)

1 comment:

Uffens Family said...

Looks like a great day...thank you mr. Presidents! I am sort of like Dane...I hate those tunnels! I would rather just throw it!