Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yakima is all about good friends, fruit & fun! The boys & I slipped away to the self-proclaimed "Palm Springs of WA":) (per billboard on way outta town) for Veterans' Day in hopes to help while my good friend Krista was on semi-bedrest but we ended up more on receiving end!! Enjoyed turkey dinner right after arrival on Tues night followed by cute movie Up! Re-Con, Miss Beth & Ty camped out in their parents' room so we could take over their beds; we were even greeted by these signs:)














Of course kids ignored fact that they could sleep in on day off o' school, but had a great time while moms tried to relax in the am-Luke kept busy by loading the dishwasher...
We all sweated a bit in the afternoon over 90 lbs. apples but don't be fooled:) A machine really did most of the work for our applesauce...Ended up leaving with more jars than I brought full of pears, peaches & jam too!Couldn't hit the road before a stop @ Miner's for tasty burgers & shakes. Luke dipped with best of 'em & who could blame him with their bbq ranch fry sauce?! All as good as I remembered:)


T'was short n' sweet visit but well worth it! Thanks Hills!

6 comments:

Sarah R said...

I'm SOOOO jealous! I miss hanging out with you guys! Glad you had fun--

Uffens Family said...

Oh I love little get-a-ways! Looks like so much fun and oh man...a Miners burger sounds incredible right about now!!!

Washington Hills said...

Beckie, yeah! LOVE THE PICTURES! Dave just ooo'ed and ah'ed over Luke in the apples. That really was funny.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING!!!

Each of my kids have asked when we'll see you again. You guys have been missed. Life picked up today, wink. I'll have to tell you my tragic story of preparing for SS another day. I'm still too flustrated!

Love these pics! Did I already say that?

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

LOVE Miners! I used to eat there all the time when we lived there :) Glad you had fun and the passes weren't too snowy.

Brie Elliott Photography said...

We went to wildwood park...off 23rd and 9th? If you go by the play area, there is a cool waterfall.

Kjerstine said...

Hey Becki!! so good to see ya last night! I got some cute photos of britty and luke....posted them on my blog! :)
www.kjerstineashamalika.blogspot.com