Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Beginning to Look @ Lot Like Christmas...

Decided to be resourceful this year & chop down the tree in our front yard for Christmas:) With a lot o' help from my dad & mom not to mention the boys' assistance, it was done in about a half hour! Dad showed up @ my door with Santa hat & Mele Kalikimaka t-shirt ready for action incl few different saws to complete the job! The ole' but not-so-trusty chainsaw was the main tool in action...
Cole's protective eyewear so he could be up close & personal:)Dane was all about the tools, but I had to keep reminding him they are NOT toys! Luke was content to be held @ a distance from work in progress! Thanks Aunts Boop & Cait for providing moral support while I turned into fam photog!TTTTTiiiiimmmmmmbbbbbeeeeerrrrr!Finished product actually came a couple days later for FHE; always been a past tradition to get it on Mon. night following Thanksgiving, but boys would have to wait forever to decorate after my lighting ordeal...T'was complicated this year by quite a bit pokier branches yet fuller overall & teething 1 y.o. who insisted I hold him entire night-ugh!
After we enjoyed scent of freshly cut pine in our living room, we decorated gingerbread houses with Dent girls (not to fear, still prior to kickoff of Apple Cup!:) Olivia contributed that fab gingerbread woman, but she pref watching & dancing to Frosty the Snowman alongside the design for rest o' time except she is busy @ work in the background of Dane's close-up:)














That was Dane's response to my request to "look like you're frosting the house"?!


















While Luke would've liked to sample our creations, I made sure he was napping during this experience!

8 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Beautiful tree!! Lots fuller than ours and better smelling than ours :)...I need to take the time to go through and fix our fake branches :) and it looked so good when we put it up...now there are no ornaments on the bottom half...PAIGE!! So like to dad...I think his favorite part of Christmas is his Santa hat :) Gingerbread houses...that will be our next activity for the season!

Washington Hills said...

Love your resourcefulness. Better looking tree than ours...that is still in a box in the garage...my poor kids. When will Mom get a clue and get that out?!?!?!

Jealous that you got to do gingerbread houses with Tara & girls. They look great! Merry Christmas, Beck!

Anonymous said...

Olivia was one of my students for a few years ago in pre-school :) she is so big now! what a small world!!!

The Bergesons said...

so fun! your tree looks great and I think its fun that you grew it:) Thanks again for my tree--what a fun bday surprise! love you! Britt

Dents said...

The gingerbread houses were fun. I sill laugh about how mad Liv was getting that the Frosty the Snowman cartoon wasn't coming in clear. How did you compress that picture of me, I look slim and trim :)

Dents said...

I am horrified that Layne hissed at you!!! She used to do that to us alot when she was angry. It always made me laugh, I thought she was over that phase. Bet you have never been hissed at before :) We would LOVE for you to keep an eye on Sweets while we are gone! It would put the girls minds at ease. Would you guys be up to some kind of Christmas craft on Wed?

Dents said...

We'll miss you today. I'll get back with you on the 23rd, I haven't thought that far ahead yet :) If your boys aren't into "pig sitting" no worries. I'll have a neighbor come check on her, let me know :)

sher said...

that is so funny! whatever works!