Sunday, November 1, 2009

Team Halloween


Started out our Halloween festivities with the ward harvest party (don't ya love how even the Church has gone all p.c. on us when used to be called trunk or treat & confused my boys in meantime?:) The boys got to trick-or-treat inside the Church night early even though it actually was clear outside! Better to see the full moon with my dear! Here they are goin' around with some of their buddies who had their coveted Star Wars theme along with classic pirate costume!
We had high hopes of making it to a pumpkin patch on Saturday since Huskies had a bye week o' football, but "parting is such sweet sorrow" with our beloved Acura MDX & instead spent majority of day @ car dealerships-ugh. Luke was thoroughly entertained & sticky in his car seat by this sucker, his new favorite treat!
The boys made up for it in action-packed afternoon with movie Astro Boy (thanks Kanekoas for man date!:) followed by party in YMCA gym (thanks Flannerys !:)This was Luke's first encounter with foam block pit & he was determined to get to the ball...I'll spare you the video clip, but needless to say I had fun watching his quest!He also liked these ones & I liked keeping him contained:) However it was nice for all of the boys to use up some energy that hour after being very obedient & calm rest o' day despite anticipation of sugar overload!
Then we all got back in our football attire with an extra layer for traditional door-to-door adventure...Notice we hadn't even left house before they were making sure their pads still worked:) Something instinctive in males I guess?! After keeping our promise to stop by home of lady in the ward who had previously lamented that living on a busy st meant missing out on fun of trick-or-treaters @ their door, our only other detour was to see the house decked out once again as a pirate ship (complete with cannons & cool music:) Otherwise, they were content with covering our st & one other neighborhood circle nearby before calling it a night-Ok with me since Luke was spent & their bags were already full!

















I did take a few minutes to explain the art of trading to my older boys once perfected by my sisters and me during our trick-or-treating days. Apparently I left out part that not only were all transactions pending beyond the very Halloween night but also entire stash didn't need to be consumed immediately?! Nor did they get the memo (including baby bro) that "falling back" time-wise should mean extra hour of sleep enjoyed by all next am?! Pretty sure I was the only one who still managed to be late to Church despite additional prep time afforded me by my bright-eyed & bushy-tailed boys @ early hour:)

4 comments:

Uffens Family said...

So cute! You all look fantastic in your sports gear! I am impressed!Luke makes an adorable football.
Looks like you got all the candy the boys will need...oh trading days...Oh and falling back used to be so great...till we had kids!! Paige keeps waking up around 5 or 5:30...ugh!

Sarah R said...

Love the awesome costumes! Next year we need to get them into BYU garb (well assuming BYU's team is better than this year).
For the record, I was still late for church too, even with the extra hour. :)
What happened to the Acura? I loved that car!

Joanna said...

The football costume Luke is wearing is so cute! Are you on Facebook? I have some Halloween pics on there. I seem to be better about updating my profile in the other FB world.

Dents said...

I love that pic of Luke the football, so funny!