Saturday, November 7, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

Cole got his cast removed mid-week--I thought it was funny that the name of the machine was the Stryker!
Gotta compare & contrast...Still a lil' bruised & swollen plus let's be honest, a bit dirtier than the other:(Cole thought the cast smelled gross inside, but that didn't stop him from wanting to bring to next day's show & tell. I told him it wasn't that fascinating to his classmates who'd seen him in it for past month, but he assured me that they would still all want to try it on:) I caught Cole hugging it before we left the office & think he kinda felt like he'd lost a part of him--Of course, Dane had to share the limelight!















His brothers each took a turn, but I'm grateful for their sake & mine that it was only for funsies & we were still smiling after the fact...Would've been bad news for my lil' leftie if it had really been him, not that I don't expect him to have his own turn somewhere down the road-ugh!











Cole was excited to get back on his bike ASAP after a month hiatus!
Although his arm appears to have healed pretty solidly per x-ray, he still has to stay off his fav climbing wall for another couple weeks per dr...All in all, didn't slow him down too much; however, we're grateful that his casting call was endured well & it's over!!

1 comment:

Uffens Family said...

Glad the cast is off! and life can return to normal...hopefully you don't have to do that again...although with boys I guess you never know!