Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bondin' with Budgies & Camel @ Pt. Defiance

T'was Luke's first trip to zoo! He liked it @ beg. chillin' with cousin Paige courtesy of Uffens' double stroller-
& Cole took great pic of happy ending...However in between aforeseen pics, he sure made it memorable by doing a nosedive outta a snail shell in the kids' zone while mom held camera instead of him-oops!
He also spewed x3 throughout our visit:( Poor guy has been super congested & prob combo o' that & fact that I insisted on squeezing him into Baby Bjorn for most likely last time (just ask my back?!) made it all come out-ugh! I know you wish I had pic to capture upheaval but I didn't want anything else within range:( Still took decent nap in transit & tried his best to be perky; however, he missed his bros' highlights incl feeding the budgies...Seed sticks a bit more pricy than I anticipated, but cool to be one with winged friends & boys resembled Ace Ventura :) I was bummed that Luke was asleep & Paige kept calling everything a "dog" or so it sounded:)



















Kendra wanted to sample herself! She is same age as Luke & Paige-As sidenote 'cuz didn't have pic to blog, funny to be in restaurant year ago all pregnant incl another sis-in-law of Rachel's; got some looks from waitresses who thought we met @ childbirth class:) nope! just 4 related & had babies within 3 wks of each other:) Annie wasn't so sure, but let mom bring it close for sec:)














Next on sched=camel ride! Had hoped to get all 4 on board, but Annie opted out prior to mounting the hump:) Notice they ceremoniously saved her spot & Alexa acted as proxy:)
Seriously when would we have that oppor again in near future without going to Egypt? I indulged boys 'cuz they had finished summer reading prog, which enabled us to have free admission:) Figured I pretty much spent same amt by time done on extras despite my efforts to pack a lunch 'cuz they convinced me they needed a drink as well after all of that walking-We keep telling 'em they have to practice for Disneyland, but I'm afraid we would've made terrible pioneers!!
Otherwise same ole' stuff yet still captured digitally ie

tiger sighting (once awake & up front pacing for his dinner)...feeding goats, observing meerkats, exploring aquarium in classic shark jaw & dress-ups...



















Now they have touch tanks too; pretty sure that's new feature as well?!Good thing they've enhanced the whole experience 'cuz used to take us all of 45 min. to traverse entire map, but hope my boys don't assume we will get to enjoy all of bells & whistles every time 'cuz adds up!! Of course, we had to go all the way around to polar bears & reindeer but missed out on walruses 'cuz their tank was being cleaned & apparently no more beluga in case you were outta that loop as was I:) Only discovered that after trek across grounds toward end (only one trail?! ugh!) Also made it to the Wild Wonders show for first time since Dane was newborn-
We enjoyed last outing with cousin Annie & my sis Rachel before they return to Vegas heat as well as Brooke who heads back to Provo this week. Cait is always up for an adventure & Britt was trooper even though Lil' B was zapping her energy. We also met up with Rachel's sis-in-law Kistine & her two cuties from Redmond (fun 'cuz about same age as Rach's girlies) I like when I like my sis' in-laws too! Kinda making a tradition of bonding with both sides (well, theirs @ least)! For the record, could've seen on my sis' blog sooner, but I finally copied pics from our visit with her sis-in-law Marnie & kids from Royal @ Seattle Center's Whirligig in Apr.
Speaking of which, we also hang out with my sis-in-law Jodi's sis Wendi in Silverdale:) She has twins who are 6 mos older than Cole & now 2 little girls as well...Keepin' it all in the family but certainly not exclusive-

3 comments:

McCray Family said...

OHMIGODDNESS, what a great camel ride! I love looking at all your pics all the time and it looks like you guys have so much fun! Glad Husky season has begun so you can enjoy that! WE miss you guys!

Nicole said...

Great picutres! The zoo is always quite and adventure for all involved! The way the flash caught the tiger's eyes makes him look so scary! LOL : )

Washington Hills said...

We miss that zoo! That is fabulous. Beck, you and your boys take the best pictures. You'll have to tell your sister that her girls are just lovely!

So fun! I suppose if we want to visit a zoo in Yakima, we can always turn over a rock and look for bugs?