Monday, May 26, 2008

I think I'm turning Japanese...

Out with the Old...












In with the New!











Because of my Audi's tragic doom last Sat. on Canyon Road, we are now cruisin' in an Acura MDX!! S'pose somewhat blessing in disguise since paid off vs. inverted trade-in possibility...just a bit sooner than we'd anticipated. We were quite ready to ditch the German models anyway after spending $2K in repairs over last 6 mos. & feel strongly that our repair costs & maintenance have got to be a little more reasonable now. The third time was the charm as far as right car/financing combo was concerned. Chris is much better @ making these kind of arrangements with big purchases, so I was able to sit back & watch him work his magic for the most part:) with help of Fernando @ Redmond Auto Center, of course. Unfortunately, it resulted in delay @ The Lab for most of the week as he searched online & made phonecalls; however, it further proved dedication to his fam:) Now we don't have to bother my parents or Kanekoas anymore, who we must thank for the willingness to loan us their vehicles in meantime:) We also got to dine @ Macaroni Grill last Thurs. even though it took a trip to Lynnwood to find out that black interior was not my fav regardless of my willingness to settle for silver on the outside! I much prefer taffeta with a saddle:) but I will miss my dark blue friend with all of its warning lights attributed to onboard diagnostic system:) The navigation & back-up monitor are a bonus that will certainly come in handy too! Not sure I'm a fan of $70 to fill up gas tank-ugh!-but I'm not complaining to have wheels again & am grateful to a hard-working husband who made it possible once again-plenty of room for Thing #3 in Oct.:)

2 comments:

The Bergesons said...

ooh I love it! Cant wait for a ride in it! It is so pretty! I am glad you guys found one that you both liked!--any TLs for Chrissy? see you in 2 weeks! britty

Uffens Family said...

Love the car and think you were wise to hold out for a color(interior and exterior) that you both really liked...Glad that there are more options out there these days other than mini vans! I bet you look great driving it!