Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So close yet so far away...

I'll admit that I like to stay up way too late for my own good & couldn't help but reflect last night on the lives of our beloved betta fish. T'is true that Princess Bedo has her castle (latter half of name courtesy of Dane, but I didn't think feminine enough so I enhanced with royal title that she shares with Brooke from Homecoming) & Viking can dig for treasure (or colored rocks 'cuz I was too cheap & his bowl is too small for a ship or "No Fishing" sign:))...But can you imagine being contained to such a small space & separated from the one you love by glass? Sure he yells @ her & us from time to time, so best to control his temper! Nor do I want her life to be shortened by his cannibalistic ways as is his nature. Yet I've also seen her build a few bubble nests that I'm sure he'd like to enjoy with his lady friend, but alas! He can't get to her & must look longingly or resort to swimming another lap...So for now, they'll go on living (sing along) separate lives!

3 comments:

Uffens Family said...

You crack me up...that is some really deep thought right there! Poor Beta's...what a lonely life :)

Anonymous said...

You, the mother of my children and best friend, are very random. If you could ask PB and V, I bet they would be mighty angry that you made an attempt at humor at their expense. And you, of all people, should know how it feels to be separated from true love's first kiss for such a long time;)

mj said...

love the picture of the boys in the shopping cart...classic. we had the bug too. leah's little voice was so hoarse..it was sad. and so excited for the tacoma city half...i will be cheering you on from a few miles south. YOU CAN DO IT!!!