Sunday, March 23, 2008

Here Come the Irish...

So t'is a bit belated, but had to capture our St. Patrick's Day celebration...If I was smart, I would've drafted the text back on Mon. so the date would be correct even if I added the pics. in retrospect courtesy o' Chris' computer:) Anyway, we were obviously adorned in green & leprechauns even visited Cole's preschool so he came home with a little pot o' gold. We saw a rainbow en route to my parents' house, but weren't able to capture it due to the psychotic weather here in the great NoWest. I fixed green eggs & ham in the form of a dyed breakfast casserole that was only edible according to my boys (including 31-y.o.) & sisters if they closed their eyes. I think the "who-hash" turned out the weirdest 'cuz I put food coloring in hashbrowns as well & it changed the consistency so it looked more like spinach:) Guess who got to eat the leftovers all by herself for the next 2 mornings?? We decorated remaining cupcakes from Primary activity with green frosting, etc. Here are our creations below: (LtoR Cole's leprechaun, my ode to St. Pat himself, Dane's smudged rainbow (predominantly purple for the Huskies even though they were humiliated in the CBI-ugh!) & Chris' shamrock:






















The boys watched the cartoon version of the aforementioned classic (apparently going to the opening night of Horton Hears a Who was not sufficient dose of Dr. Seuss) & we ended the night with one of my favorite children's authors=Max Lucado's story entitled "If I Only Had a Green Nose":) I think we can safely say we "went green" to the best of our abilities-especially considering we're Irish wannabes for the day & proud of it:) Wouldn't mind of some of their luck rubbed off on us, but our spiritual msg. of the night was, in fact, that we are all Latter-day Saints & should act accordingly...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the new posts beck! hey, we had to set our blog to private because of some creepy comments by random viewers so, if you look at ours, send me the email you use for blogger and i will invite you so you can still see it.. i know it's a pain and i hate that i did it but it was enough to make me creeped out.

Laura Call said...

So fun!! Your boys sure are lucky to have a mom who goes all out the way that you do.