Friday, December 24, 2010

Woulda Coulda Shoulda...Still Good

While I've enjoyed receiving many of yours, a Christmas card featuring the Parker boys was one of the things that went by the wayside this year...I have no one to blame but myself & other uses for my paycheck:) My sisters tried hard by taking the pic & designing the layout (thanks again Rach & Britt), but I failed to do the rest=getting it printed, addressed & stamped--Pretend this arrived in your mailbox & know we are thinking of you even if Santa has other priorities on this Christmas Eve:) Thanks to those of you who maintained the tradition; I'm already regretting it, but this mom needs a lot more than 12 days o' Christmas!! While I am grateful for a job, sadly with a full week o' work it just seems like another weekend?! Well, all I want under the tree @ this point is to lose this Scrooge attitude:/ Pretty sure a good movie, traditional prime rib, chimes and 2 full days with my husband, parents, sisters & bros-in-law will take care of that although should be duly noted that we will sincerely miss Rachel & the Uffens in WA!SO this is how it actually went down...Can't skip T'was the Night Before Christmas white elephant gift pass & if you couldn't already tell, Luke isn't into posing for cousin pic or any grp for that matter?!










Chimes are tradition as I mentioned even if this year's version was pretty snappy:) My dad as conductor is the classic part-he doesn't mess around:)














Santa found our house, but wrapped a few pics of what would arrive with next paycheck:)




Mean mom didn't let medium and large boys go downstairs right away 'cuz thought for sure small sleeping beauty would be awake any second...or 10AM?! My kind of Christmas am, but not sure it was theirs:/ oops! Should've left him in bed & opened presents with him!?! He's so very 2 y.o.-ugh!

6 comments:

brie lay said...

Cute photo!! Don't feel bad about the cards, I didn't even get to the taking a Christmas picture part...and I really don't have an excuse! Merry Christmas Parkers!

mj said...

love the pic. good lookin' boys. merry christmas beck!

Michelle said...

Hope y'all had a Very Merry Christmas!!

Washington Hills said...

I, too, applaud your simplicity! LOVE the picture. Such great boys.

Heather said...

I love getting your cards each year! You are such a great writer ! Under the circumstances, it was very nice to see you this year :) Your boys are darling!

Liv said...

Cute boys! I didn't do a card this year either. I don't know how people do everything, but keeping up with a blog is just as good if not better! wish i could say I did that. :)