Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas in Evergreen

Kinda goes against my nature to visit the man in the red suit right before the Apple Cup, but that we did after boys wore Christmas plaid to Festival of Trees with Aunt Cait! Pushed my luck further by trying on a couple o' dresses for holiday party but had to wait for reindeer feeding?! We shall see how it turns out since dad is a Santa snob & they had to be taken @ Nordstrom so don't get to see real deal until this Sat--In meantime, picture this: Huey deliberating between stuffed animal props & rocking horse in forefront with older boys on Santa's chair & Afro St Nick chilling in the background all in hopes my youngest didn't freak out any further...No doubt I'm gonna get my $ worth eh? Candy cane reward in all its stickiness made it worthwhile for 'em!
Rest o' photo ops not as plentiful as I'd hoped (esp with youngest napping on my shoulder 'cuz I never think of a stroller:/ :)
Also thought would be most effective use of time since then they were set to go straight to baptism of Cole's buddy same afternoon...As I came back to my house & looked around, pretty obvious others have way more of a knack for holiday decor, but oh well! S'pose I was blessed with gift of appreciation instead:)
On to pick out ours for FHE!! Had to hurry to get pic with mom since older boys spent rest o' time lapping the lot?!
Huey was pretty much glued to his dad for the duration of the outing. In fact he wept openly when we had to divide & conquer for bball practices x 2. Trust me, next time I will be more than happy to send him to the latter with dad:)For the record, the one on left is lucky winner in our wham-bam-thank you ma'am- selection process...Would include pics of decorating & finished product in all its sentimental glory afterward but alas! They would only feature silly mother slaving away while father & sons ate ice cream & watched Husky bball?! Bah humbug!
T'is appropriate post to conclude with mention of my devotion to this great state by admitting that the song Christmas in the NoWest brings a tear to my eye every time:) I'm not ashamed! Cheesy perhaps, but take away the presents and you still would have a tree! 'Cuz Christmas in the NoWest is a gift God wrapped in green:)

3 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Oh I love Christmas in the northwest! Love the pictures and the excitement of picking out a tree! We will have to use our "christmas tree" candle to get the full effect with our fake tree...but not much to choose from in Vegas :)

The Bergesons said...

These pics are darling! Boys look so cute in their matching:) Embarassed to admit we may be skipping the tree, decor thing this year?! you always say your not photogenic but your pic with boys is darling! I suppose Ill wait till the no'west for a tree:) PS-your house looks DARLING during christmas --give yourself some credit

BMSHAW said...

BECCA! you look absolutely stunning in the picture with the boys! i love it! i never get to see updates of you :) i love you and tell the boys to call us! cole didnt call us back last night! and we love talking to luke even though we cant understand a word he says :) i love you! see you in 6 days!