Sunday, December 19, 2010

Want a dollar? Go out in the st & holler!

Difficult to think of a title for this post, but plenty of Grandpa Dick's jokes to go around so figured this choice would @ least put a smile on your face) Now if only I could remember all of the rules to the many card games he & Grandma Lou taught us...Anyway, my sisters & cousins have beaten me to it either via similar blogs or FB but nevertheless, my turn to express my love and gratitude for being related to such a man. Tomorrow I will fly down to his funeral courtesy of his son, another great man, my father! While we definitely feel the void that will be left by the absence of his quiet dignity, I'm grateful for his parting gift of time together with extended family that I wouldn't have otherwise enjoyed albeit short n' sweet--
I will never forget when he called Chris "Chief" back in 9th grade when they met for the first time nor will he as he was so warmly welcomed by my grandpa. He was very good-natured & so positive toward each person he encountered. He shared his love of music freely & inspired us with his mission to Nauvoo...Will always remember when we got to visit them there! I so appreciate their efforts to be at important events in our lives, send thoughtful gifts & remember ALL in the family even if it was belated @ times, to which I can definitely relate:) And I'm grateful that he will no longer experience the pain that accompanied his last days of mortality now that he is truly home for the holidays!

1 comment:

The Bergesons said...

so cute! i wish I could remember all his jokes...there was one about a pickle?! See you tomorrow! Britty