Friday, October 16, 2009

Makin' & Watchin' Ratatouille on Purple Fri!

My sister inspired me with her variety of meals & of course, Oct. copy of Family Fun magazine (already made white chili earlier this week & will def be whipping up the 2 pumpkin desserts I discovered soon:) There's just somethin' about fall plus tonight's weather kept us cozy indoors after a rainy am jaunt to the park, so-oo...We decided it would be fun to try the recipe for the tasty dish from the movie while watching the little chef in action! I took a few liberties with ingredients; those of you who know me will agree that i'm about furthest you can get from gourmet, but quite resourceful in the kitchen! Having said that, I think it turned out decent for first try?!
Not sure about Ego's critique, but I think t'is a great way to incl lots o' veggies with the sweet dark dinner bread from Costco! Here's the purple eggplant before I peeled per dir:) since the French classically made by simmering that with other herbs etcCole enjoyed, but Dane not so much as he's concerned my picky one-Yes he likes to hang out "in his belly" freq:)
But point of story is, Luke had no prob finishing off his brother's portion while my middle child resorted to Easy Mac!T'was indeed hearty though, as those of us who partook were mighty full after our bowl-Just enough room to finish off last pieces of Luke's b-day cake:) after we laughed in same parts as usual: Our all-time fav scene from Ratatouille occurs when Emil? gets whole bunch of grapes knocked outta him after block of cheese falls behind him & door opens for human to find him guilty as charged:)

5 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Sounds like a fun night!! Since I made the same 3-4 things every night for dinner...I need to expand my horizons!! Hard when Annie is my picky one! :)

Mikaela said...

"in his belly." Wow, our boys need to get together. I propose a "belly" photo this December when we're in town.

Anonymous said...

Cute family and blog! How are you guys? Haven't seen you in a long time, good to see you!! Our blog is Foreverisland.blogspot.com

Washington Hills said...

I love that movie!

Matt, Kistine, and Alexa Uffens said...

LOVE 1st birthdays!! The video was adorable!