Saturday, October 24, 2009

Am I a Horrible Mother??

I can't believe some of the things that have made my sons furious with me in the past week?! No pictures on purpose, but no doubt you can imagine the drama even in house o' boys:)

Luke sobbing hysterically @ the shower door as I have the audacity to bathe myself in the am while they're awake 'cuz I've missed my early window as opposed to waiting until his one & only & freq all too short nap around 1P or late @ night after they're all in bed--

Luke screaming @ top of stairs 'cuz I put up the gate vs watching him fall down 14 stairs as I try to vaccuum them with the stupid cannister vac that Chris insisted I would pref to upright version--

Luke wailing as I scoop out the wax pieces from his mouth 'cuz I wouldn't let him digest crayons--

Luke getting fussy when I put him down for a matter of seconds so he doesn't get burned with whatever hot pan contains our meal & needs to be removed from stove/oven--

Dane screaming "I hate you!" because I asked him to put on boots & rain coat before he goes outside in the downpour 'cuz otherwise he'd never enjoy the outdoors @ all in WA during our manic depressive fall weather--

Definitely pattern instigated by 1 y.o. eh? But then there are moments like Cole's weekly suggestion for theme in FHE or humorous quip from one or both the older boys, that crazy laugh from the youngest, or self-imposed applause when baby does something for which he thinks you should be proud of him...then it's all good!

And just now as I'm trying to vent to my blog buddies, they have approached me @ 9:30P (on weekend) & asked if they can go to bed since they are really tired?! Once again validation that I have a lot of room for improvement in the motherhood category! Have any of the aforementioned scenarios happened @ your house??

No comments: