Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Breakin' with the Parkers

Don't know why I feel the need to document our attempts to make Spring Break just that=fun & different from normal routine, but I do even though this re-cap will make ya wonder if it was that exciting?! No, it wasn't HI this year; however, ya gotta love the Great NoWest even when Mother Nature is manic! Sorry to disappoint those who prefer deep & intellectual thoughts-you won't find too many of those @ our house these days except from Cole who insisted he learn how to put something on the blog instead of going to bed tonight! That reminds me that I need to potty Dane (he's only 1 for 3 on dry nights-ugh!) Okay, I'm back & here's the run-down:
MON.-->With all of this free time staring @ us, had to take advantage of spring cleaning! Tried to get organized with exciting OCD project to assemble all of the boys' legos so had to sort first in addition to tackling my laundry! Our FHE theme ended up being re: house of order & not a house of confusion! Obviously didn't accomplish goal in week's time, but I'm sure you can endure a few more sleepless nights until we can show you the final display, which I guarantee won't even make it 24 hours intact. Why do I bother??
TUES.-->While the weather wasn't very cooperative, we still managed to get out & enjoy our first Mariners game @ sub-arctic Safeco Field:) My dad's text msg. to my mom & sister who came later was "make sure to grab a few blankets & anything warm that you can find!" Unfortunately the players never warmed up either 'cuz they won their season opener on the previous afternoon & were victorious the night after our visit; however, we were faithful fans until the bitter end! For the record, JJ didn't have his typical thunder & was actually put on the 15-day DL! I tried to capture the start of '08 season with our camera, but was dumb & brought it without a memory card-ugh! At least the Moose was prepared, but the picture below was taken of the original vs. scanned until Chris can figure out how to do the latter for me:) Maybe he can also upload the one from his cell phone featuring Cole's rally cap! Dane makes me laugh 'cuz he always wants to know where the Moose is during any given inning, but he only wants to give him high-five during close encounter vs. having picture taken with him! He begrudgingly agreed & even managed to wave on his own:) Ran 4.5 mi. on elliptical @ my parents' house oh, around midnight...
WEDS.-->Had whopping hour prior to high tide on Titlow Beach, but still managed to collect 2 crabs & various other oceanside treasures, lose a garden rake-ugh! (sorry mom! silly me for thinking it would remain on rock until our return vs. Dane poking his eye out on our walk!), observe a seal/bald eagle & catch a glimpse of the sun...




























Enjoyed dinner afterward @ Birds' (friends from high school)-thanks Zac, Sherida & Claire for hospitality despite the antics of our wild boys! Ran 2.5 mi. again on my parents' elliptical with full tummy afterward & caught up on American Idol-DVR is a wonderful thing since I failed to change my TV to DST when I tried to record old-school VHS-style on previous night:)
THURS.-->Awoke @ 6A to run 5 mi., then grabbed boys & left the house in jammies a couple hours later to watch my friend's kids so she & another friend could run too only to come back for Belgian waffles to celebrate=Happy B-day Britt! Can't burn all those calories & not replace 'em:) So we crashed her family party later for more fine dining with Kanekoas @ Snoqualmie Falls-thanks for letting us enjoy delicious b-day dinner & even better company!


























FRI.-->Intended to become one with nature @ NoWest Trek, but weather wasn't too promising. So switched to inside entertainment & met Palmers (friends from Silverdale) @ Odyssey in UP, then kept the party goin' with Nim's Island (movie) followed by purchase of sword/shields for boys (long story, but basically thought we were being more economical than investing in tokens to earn as prize @ arcade...probably came out even, but worth it 'cuz it has totally entertained them the rest of the weekend & you can bet it will serve as incentive for haircuts on Mon. night?!). If you're keeping track o' my training schedule, I'm not gonna lie! I counted chasing 'em around & trying to fit through slide & tubes as cross-training:) Furthermore, I took full advantage of another tasty dinner @ Farelli's pizza-I told ya, we're all about culinary arts! For the record, I had my favorite salad there 'cuz I needed to eat more veggies rather than loading up on carbs (I'm sure my weight-watcher friends would correct me re: point total so not sure I succeeded, but rationalized that it was either another night @ restaurant or I'd have to go grocery shopping for those ingredients while starving?! hmmm....tough choice but will probably regret when I budget later in month:) I should add that it was fun to meet Grant's & Jack's (obviously twins) newly adopted little sister Reagan & anticipate the birth of little sister McKinley next month!!














6 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Sounds like a busy week...I was tired just reading about it! Those boys are just so dang cute...I could look at pics of them all day!

The Bergesons said...

What a fun break. I have been awaiting this post! Good job making it fun and different..and still fitting in runs..impressive! lucky boys! they are adorable! britty

anna said...

as usual, you are too much for any run-of-the-mill mother to keep up with. sounds like you guys had a great week!! btw, don't take what i say on my blog seriously. i wouldn't actually get into the sports vs. cheerleading conversation with anyone. my blog is more like a journal...just thoughts running through my head.

McCray Family said...

Great Spring break! You are so creative!

The Bergesons said...

yeah for baby countdown!(thought i would act like i just found out) I am so excited to meet little fig parker! haha! britty

sher said...

you guys are so busy! its hard to keep up with you. Love this post and the previous two~glad to see you played the tagging game :)
OK it is too cute having grandpa work on the kids. Hope running is going well...I finally made it up to 8mi (you inspired me to go further!)