Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cat in the Hat OR Outta the Bag

Cole & Dane are sporting their new haircuts (fast-forward to summer style in hopes to inspire some spring sun?!) & their shirts that Grandpa Gar & Grandma Neecy brought back from Islands of Adventure in FL from whence their cruise departed. Basically we stole the littlest shirt from my niece, but the timing was too perfect to announce right then that we should probably hold onto that one too!! Chris & I have known since Valentines' Day, so it's been tough to keep on the down-low until we knew if it'd stick around?! Let's hope so 'cuz it'll already be almost 4 yrs. younger than Daner, so it was now or never! We're struggling to picture him as a big bro anyway & not sure he's ready yet either! Good thing he has 28 more weeks to prepare, eh? Ugh...that makes it seem eternal!Well, if the ticker to the right didn't give it away; we're expecting Thing 3 to join the Parker household in the fall!! Oct. 22 to be exact (if it's a girl, that'd be fabulous to maintain tradition since I scheduled accordingly; if it's a boy, we don't care as much if he comes on my grandma's b-day:)). Cole would love a little sister, but Dane says only mommies & boys are welcome @ our house (although he reconsiders on occasion...)! Chris & I can't agree on a name for another boy, so let's hope the novelty of a girl will bring some peace to our marriage. Not sure I can handle 3 sons although we have quite a few friends & family who seem to cater to one gender or the other & I'm partial toward our handsome lil' guys! Besides we're totally in boy mode now & we'd really have to switch gears-don't know if I'm that into pink or dolls after being overtaken by Transformers, Legos & weaponry!
We got to take a peek @ it a week ago 'cuz the joy of #3=quicker changes to my body:( Hard to believe it can wreak such havoc @ such small size; it seems quite active already, but thankfully looks healthy so far so good + nice, strong heartbeat on the doppler! Maybe we'll figure out how to scan a clearer image in time for the real deal, but you'll have to settle for a pic. of a pic. now!I couldn't figure it out for a while & then it occurred to me that ultrasound pics.-especially @ this stage or maybe just this one in particular-bear a striking resemblance to The Scream by Edvard Munch:) What d'ya think?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!! congrats!!! that is so fun!! and fun that you and rach will have them so close.. and i don't know how you do it--planning your babies to be due on such perfect dates! anyway, i am so happy for you guys! i need to visit, it's been way too long since i've seen you! AND you've never even met my hubby!

Uffens Family said...

Glad the cat is outta the bag finally!! Holy cow...don't know how you did it! I am excited for our little cousins to get here...whatever the gender of either one might be...thanks for thinking that I might be feeling an inkling better on my blog...keep up the positive thinking please...maybe it will pay off...nothing else helps :)
ps glad that you can see the whole ticker...I am bugged that I am not the expert blogger I thought I was :)

The Price's Wife said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Molly Gehring said...

Congratulations you guys. That is so exciting. Beckie, how have you been feeling? Can't wait to find out the gender.

The Stromberg Epic said...

Congratulations Parker Family! Great to hear such good news and by the way I love the shirts, cute!

paulandjenthatcher said...

Beckie!
Hey! I finally made it over to your blog, and I'm so glad I did. Your pregnant! Wow! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to find out the gender. And your boys are growing up so fast! I loved reading your blog!

Marnie Bergeson said...

Congratulations Beckie. You're right, if it's a girl, you will definately have to switch gears. If it's like our house, she will be very tough, but still totally feminine. You will love it. Now, the boys on the other hand....

Anonymous said...

yay! i cant keep the secret too much longer! love you! -boop

The Bergesons said...

yay! it is officially announced..ill call today!britty

The Bergesons said...

my 8 comments are not that impressive when 5 are from 3 sisters:)love you

Kjrsten said...

Holy smokes, what a secret to keep! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a girl, I know you have been shopping for one on the side all these years! Are you still running the "half" pregs? If you do, you will be my hero.

The Bergesons said...

wow--check out your 12 comments:) love you becca!

Laura Call said...

We are thrilled for you guys! Cole and Dane will be awesome helpers to you. I'll bet once the baby gets here Dane will want to take on the big brother role. I'm sure he'll love him/her to pieces! When do you find out if it's a boy or girl?

Alisa said...

Congrats! I have been distracted from blogging lately so I just saw this now. I am hoping for a girl for you. Switching gears will be reall, but worth it. I had the girl first and then couldn't stop having boys afterward! I had to switch gears, but the gears are fully switched and it wasn't all that tricky. Ashlin actually cried when she found out Sam was a boy, but of course she loves him and he and his older brother are going to always be best buddies-- I hope! Now if I could just manage one more girl for myself--got to convince my husband for another then have to find a way to make it be a girl- don't know which will be harder! 28 weeks may sound far, but it always flies by- especially for those of us who aren't pregnant. October is when Sam was born and its was a good month for a baby. I will be waiting to hear what it is before too long.