Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Appreciating God's Hawaiian Creations on the Sabbath

We love going to the ward near Parker Ranch every time we are in HI-It's up in Waimea about half hour away & is located near a lot o' other bldgs that bear our revered name:)! Always have to take pic outside chapel even when my eyes can't stay open (you'll see-no pun intended-that annoying feature apparently cont. throughout the day 'cuz I guess that's how WA girls react to sun)?! Of course, my dad can't be that close to Tex's & not stop for malasadas...we highly recomm if your ox is in the mire while in paradise:) By then, he decided we should explore further on to Hilo. Stopped @ KoleKole park en route to check out surf despite rotting wild pig scent-yuck! Cole was feeling pretty famous by then:)
Also met a gnarly dude (in background)! Doesn't Dane look like he belongs on a Geico commercial?Love the photo shoot Chris took of my handsome boys...
Dane was also thrilled to see live splitting of coconut despite his earlier attempts via machete & we all sampled its milk & raw meat so we could feel like natives:) From there we realized we were only hour away from Volcanos National Park & kept on driving! Too bad the entrance that we used has specific viewing hours we pretty much ignored considering 2 hrs. shy of 'em. I guess it's like having a lifeguard on duty? Basically were so close to plume that had to get up close & personal, eh? Never mind the warning signs! Yes, we even brought both babies!



























So cool to be right there although brilliant red lava wasn't as visible obviously in the light of day-however can't imagine feeling that much safer gallavanting across theses cracks in the dark?Turned around & headed back when ranger yelled @ us over megaphone-oops! Definitely the way to go vs. route that Chris & I tried 4 yrs. ago from the other direction...Quite the road trip for our entourage but well worth it!!

4 comments:

Uffens Family said...

YOU WIN!!! I keep sitting down to post Hawaii and then I am WAY too overwhelmed to start since I know it will take FOREVER!! Thanks for stretching the pictures I happen to be in...made me feel thinner :) ha! Love it!

Washington Hills said...

Chris & Beckie, the family picture at the end is FAB-U-LOUS!!!!

You guys are so great. Very jealous of your vacation. Well, maybe Dave & I will get the bahamas sometime?

Laura Call said...

Glad you all got to spend some quality family time in Hawaii! Volcanoes National Park looks like an amazing place to visit... wow! And can I just say that the little photo shoot of Cole & Dane is so stinkin' adorable!! Love that family shot at the end, too!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Oh man, I'm really wanting to go back to hawaii!! looks like you guys had a great time, I enjoyed looking at all the pictures. And, by the way, your hubby kinda looks like Chris Daughtry in that last family pic.