Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday from Cowabunga Carl!

The theme had been Cole's idea for months & he was so excited for it to finally happen much less be his 6th b-day...
As all of his buddies arrived, we played "Birthday Ninja Says" like Simon:) My talented sister helped him to color an enlarged version of Michelangelo on which to pin a belt 'cuz the original idea of pinning the shell on the turtle didn't work out-thanks Britt for saving the day!Our cousin-in-law saved me much time & anguish by decorating a sweet cake for the affair as shown here-thanks Kelly! Here are all of the ninjas in training!The birthday boy shows us how it's done...Even Annie got in on the action as one of two girls who had the privilege of attending:)Apparently @ his age it's not a party without a pinata that we filled not only with candy but ninja stars, small ninjas and sewer slime:Last but not least, we tested their TMNT knowledge with trivia from movie clips like Scene-It:

I could never have pulled it off on my own so I definitely appreciated the moral support of all my sisters & of course, dad who skipped work in order to provide pizza & root beer for all of the turtles in attendance- I feel like parties @ home are so much more stressful than just taking 'em somewhere more exciting than my limited creativity provides-ugh! My friends make it look so easy with their homemade fanfares from paleontology and safaris to boot camps. Good thing we have a year off before inviting friends again to celebrate so mom can recooperate:)

2 comments:

mj said...

you are a supermom! what a fun idea!!

McCray Family said...

How neat! Glad Cole had a great time and that the party was fun at home! There really is more work for home parties, but they are the best ones! Happy 6th birthday Cole!