Thursday, July 31, 2008

Exploring Tacoma-By Land & By Sea

Sometimes I feel like I haven't even taken full advantage of the Great NoWest let alone nearby Tacoma despite the infamous aroma. So even though we missed the Farmers' Market, I still took the boys downtown on July 3 to enjoy Children's Museum (btw free on Thurs. in summer until 5P even though FM is only open until 2P-oops!)















Since we didn't have to pay for entertainment, I also treated 'em to a gourmet hot dog @ a place that Chris has been eying for months even though he didn't get to join us until later. We always pass it when it's closed, so decided it was worth a try!

Meanwhile we also indulged @ Tacoma's own Hello Cupcake!














I also wanted to see what all of the hype about the tall ships was about while we were closeby. Chris thought it was for old folks:) but I convinced him to just check it out for fun with the fam & the boys thought it was great! We didn't pay to board any of the ships, but watched Cole & Dane transform into pirates right before our eyes also free of charge! Hard to believe how serious some people take that interest-apparently there are clubs in the area for die-hard wannabes!
Not sure we should be encouraging tattoos either, but plenty of the temporary ones available:) Of course, they had to have a cold treat to make the night complete & Chris enjoyed some BBQ as usual @ one of the stands.

2 comments:

The Bergesons said...

you do such a good job finding fun stuff to do! I love all the pics and love that its only one of many new posts! I love you and am glad your internet is back! britty

Kjrsten said...

WOW, Tacoma has some high points after all! HELLO CUPCAKE!!!? WHAAAAA??? HELLO RIGHT BACK TO YA I SAY!