Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another 4th @ Fort Vancouver

After breakfast @ Hawks Prairie en route to Woodland & a cloudy day @ Lake Merwin, we ventured further south for fireworks!














Of course we always have to rock out during the cool concert prior to the real show:) I must admit I was disappointed yet another year re: recorded patriotic medley selections...no Proud to be an American or Coming to America? Are you kidding me? Those are classics!
















Oh, can't forget second year of new tradition by buying pizza @ midnight in Vancouver to bring back to the cabin as well as lighting a few explosives of own for Parker boys-it's a guy thing, eh?


















Grandpa even got in on the action this year!God bless America:) Only thing that could've made me happier would've been a little cooperation from the weather-ugh! We didn't let it dampen our spirits though!!

2 comments:

The Bergesons said...

we watched in salt lake and while it was very fun it was nothing compared to Ft. Vancouver! Wish I could have joined you but I am glad you had fun and got some fun pics to share with me! Love you-britty

Kjrsten said...

next time you make it to FT Vancouvie, it's only a hop skip and a jump further to my place. I'm just sayin'...