Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks on the 4th @ the Fort


Ben's first opportunity to join 4th o' July festivities...He was mesmerized by the ligthts in the sky!
Something re: being in former military Fort that made the show that much cooler to the Parker boys too! We are glad it's back in action after couple years' hiatus!
And we're glad that Grandpa Gar was ready to party by 4th o' July too...Can't keep a good man down, but 3 surgeries in one mo is enough for any fam! Glad mom n' Brooke's recoveries have been swift too!"It's dark mom! When does the show start?" This was preceded by classic "Are we there yet??"
Don't worry if Dane wanted me to carry him & Luke outta back to the car?! (Half) Uncle Jake kindly obliged with shoulder ride! Just love how they humor me with all of these festivities, but usually isn't their idea...hmmm-something wrong with that picture?!
What boy doesn't love explosives? And what mother wouldn't be relieved that this is the year they will watch instead o' do it themselves? Cheaper too for our side o' the fam:)Luke was in heaven with Aunt Boop, (half) Aunt Katie Boett, food in his mouth n' music in his ears! He kept leaving me to go sit with them-ah freedom for 20 mos old!
Now where are the fireworks?:) Not posed fwiw, they are that cute together all the time!


5 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Look at those handsome little men!! We are so excited to see them in a few weeks!!! Annie announced in primary that Cole was her favorite cousin :) That should make Cole happy (since he thinks he is 2nd to Dane)...Sad we missed Ft. Vancouver, but glad you guys could all go! See you in 16 days!

Laura Call said...

Looks like a great 4th! Love the pic of you and your boys. We miss you guys. I've been trying to reach you on and off for awhile. I don't know if you've gotten my messages... I know you're busy, I just would love to get together since it's been a long time. I also heard your dad had to have surgery but don't know the details. It sounds like he's doing okay from what you mentioned in this post... so glad to hear that. Call me or text me and let's please get together.

The Bergesons said...

So cute! Love me some Parker pics :) love the last one especially! Super fun fourth at the fort....we will miss that next year

tarat said...

Your boys are so cute! I am impressed that no one was buried into a shoulder somewhere. Kiley always falls asleep watching fireworks because she cuddles up and buries herself. Sydney actually enjoyed fireworks this year, a first.

Michelle said...

cute family picture :)