Sunday, June 15, 2008

We Love Our Dad(s):)

As promised, this tribute is long overdue but very necessary to commemorate Fathers' Day & the father of my children in particular...Christopher Scot Parker! Since I'm pregnant, I'll probably get all emotional as I type this post:) but t'is true that he is a fabulous father & has been for nearly 6 yrs. although he'll be the first to admit that he has had to grow into it, learns right along with 'em & is much more comfortable once the boys are about 2 yrs. old vs. baby-In his defense, he doesn't feel like there's much he can do for 'em @ that age but I know he'll try again with Thing #3! I'm so grateful for the long hours that he works to support us & reward their every wish! He's constantly bringing home surprises for his best buddies even if it's just an extra Happy Meal toy that he charmed outta the McDonalds drive-thru worker:) I worry sometimes about the precedents he sets especially with his generosity toward them, but then I see how much he loves his boys & would do anything for 'em! He wrestles with 'em, admires their creations & asks about their day, even calling to talk just to them & makes sure they're set for every sports season:) It's gotten to the point that Cole & Dane consider him an in-house expert on just about everything & will question me if I say or do anything that he doesn't validate:) "Is that right Dad?" He whips 'em into shape for Church as well as nightly family prayers, makes valiant efforts (however sporadic) to support organized FHE in addition to providing explanations for any principle or answers to their sincere questions! He is constantly boosting their confidence as well as noticing their talents & positive attributes; I appreciate his outlook toward them after I've had a long day:) He's great @ remembering to enjoy the moment & their capabilities not to mention respective age...I love him for being such a dedicated dad & above all, showing his love to them & for me through them! No matter what, my sons will never doubt that they have won first place in his mind & heart!!
While I'm @ it, I need to also thank my dad for all he is & does for our lil' family- Even though we don't get to see my father-in-law very often since he lives in UT, I'm also thankful that he has been an example to my husband and cares about his grandsons all the way up in WA-

2 comments:

The Bergesons said...

yay for a post--finally! I have been waiting:) --but know it is difficult without the internet + your busy schedule. A sweet tribute to Chrissy and grandpas! I miss you and my boys and will hopefully see you all at Thanksgiving if I can wait that long--I am not good at staying away when new babies are born but I now have a husband who cares where our joint money is going:) haha--we'll see-britty

McCray Family said...

That is an awesome picture! I won't show Devon or he will change his mind on his Halloween costume again! LOL! WTG Chris on being dad of the year! I hope getting ready for school is going great, I know we are excited!