Friday, June 13, 2008

A Very Merry Unbirthday

Cole looked forward to the last day o' preschool not 'cuz he was happy to be done for the summer (although that has its perks when the sun is actually out & we just wanna play vs. normal routine) but it allowed him & the other summer birthday kids to celebrate in advance:) He brought something nonedible last year (animal-shaped squirt guns), so this year he requested traditional cupcakes! His plan for weeks (like mother like son:)) was to have pink frosting with princess toppers for the girls & green frosting with TNMT toppers for the boys; however, the latter was not available & I got cheap @ the party store. We decided to save the cool ninja guys for his real b-day goodie bags (guess I gotta go online to find the TNMT stuff he still wants for Aug.) & stick to Kung-Fu Panda toppers for now. He'd just gone to see the movie the previous night with his dad & some friends so he could provide a review too:) I figured the girls wouldn't really care anyway as long as they could still enjoy the sweet treat?! Funfetti is for everybody even if my boys are now claiming to be "aklergic to girls":)

Can't believe my eldest son is headed to kindergarten in the fall?! Whoa! IF I can get myself up & moving in the morning, I'll still have a couple hours with just the baby (or my bed or to get ready for the day:)) 'cuz it'll be Dane's turn to have preschool & both will be gone on MWF starting in Sept!

3 comments:

alicia said...

How fun for you to have just some baby and me time a few days a week! I'd be happy to swap if you ever want or need just some "me" time!

McCray Family said...

So great! Kindergarten is awesome and Cole will love it!Preschool too, huh! That is great! I hoep all that running around will still you and the baby a quick break! LOL!

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Awesome! My boys will have similar experiences this fall, too. One of the perks of growing children! There are those cute little boy things that I miss but then there are all those that I will get to miss when they're both gone for a few hours :)