Thursday, July 16, 2009

Third Eye Blind

Chris is the music guru in our family, so couldn't tell ya what that group sings; however, thought appropriate title for this post that I'm so bravely dedicating to fellow zit-pickers everywhere...beware! This is the frightening scene that greeted me in the mirror this am:
You see I had a horn growing on my forehead last weekend & I couldn't leave it alone, so spent some time getting acquainted with it. Of course, it wasn't ready to be picked but I was ready to go for it & must've been disappointed by blood vs good stuff comin' outta it. So I let it go for another day or so & pursued it further. Used some cover-up & went about my business...Even bonded with 2 friends yesterday-never mind the erupting volcano that was spreading across my forehead?! In fact, I have since learned that it's a very sensitive (read: infection-prone) spot based on being predominantly bone then skin on your head...pretty sure I've lost some serious brain cells?! Now I can practically see behind me with this gaping hole. I've tried to hide out in my house today besides a bit of grocery shopping & of course, i ran into a good friend @ the store. I guess some neighbors saw me from afar too. Ironic that now I'm posting for the world to see:) In meantime, family's reactions have been interesting...Cole didn't even notice or pretended not to @ least this am when he crawled into bed with me-I started laughing that he would think I looked normal?! Dane said I needed a bandaid & figured no one would see me this way:Luke kept wanting to touch my forehead & staring @ me in his sweet baby way...
Chris said he couldn't even look @ me?! He said I would prob need something more serious than his fix-all Neosporin:) He joked that it had its own pulse, solar system & climate then wondered if our 4th child would come outta there, so I named it Reese as it might be the only one I ever have?!
I once bought the boys a book called Parker Picks re: noses, only then he switches to scabs...gotta say it's not so funny anymore when it's happened to me although i've had to keep it light & laugh about it or else i'd for sure cry & it's my own fault!! They say hindsight is 20/20 or in my case, 20/20/20-ugh!! Needless to say, won't be enhancing any blemishes anytime soon:( For all of you who have "told me so" in the past, you can bet I learned my lesson! Although my eyes are still a bit puffy, possibly also attributed to my night-owl ways, thank goodness my overall face condition is improving rapidly so I can focus on other Things...

8 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Beck...you are brave for posting...

Washington Hills said...

I am crying laughing, this is so funny! Chris is a funny man, "...our fourth child will come out of there..." Ha! I agree with your sister. You are braver than I am. Sadly, I have been there a few times in my post-13 history. Why are zits so mesmerizing to pick?!?!?

daegan said...

i heard you say you might post about this... and you actually did! ha! my mom says zits like those throw up really good! and it's perfectly centered in the middle of your forehead. i hope you have healed up nicely!

Dents said...

goodness what an ordeal why does acne have to happen to good people? :)

anna said...

Thing 3 sure is getting big! and CUTE!! sorry about your science project. heh heh

Joanna said...

I am laughing so hard, only because that too has happened to me. Luckily, I learned at 18. My zit developed between my eyes by the corner of my eyebrow. I obsessively squeezed and woke up in the morning with my eyes swollen just like that. My mom took me to the doctor and he poked it with some sterile instrument and told me to keep an icepack on it. I still pick my zits but try to know when to stop.

Joanna said...

I have one in my nose right now that is killing me!

Mikaela said...

I always thought once you left high school you left acne behind. But apparently acne continues until wrinkles begin...