Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seeing Green before St. Patrick's Day

They are the CHAMPIONS my friends....

It's that time again & we have just spent our first night o' four @ Tacoma Dome for the girls' state high school basketball tournament featuring our niece Lindsey Moore & her Kentwood Conquerors (affectionately known as Conks). Not only is Linds back in action after nursing a hamstring injury but her team won by 40 pts. & will beat undefeated Pasco tomorrow night. Following that they only have to get by Fed Way instead of defending champs Lewis & Clark, which they already have twice in regular season & they will find themselves in the state championship:) where Snohomish will be last but not least opponents!!
Here are the new cool shirts if you need close-up...They have logo of "K" within shape o' WA that Chris designed (boys already have green & black versions:)) then it says "Droppin' Dimes in '09" underneath(a reference to Lindsey's passing abilities) with "Back for Moore" with dimes for o's:)
Lindsey has been all over the newspaper(s) & even the cover of a magazine (ESPN Rise);

For her efforts at the state championships, Lindsey was named the tournament's MVP. She was also named TNT & Seattle Times' Player of the Year in addition to being crowned the Gatorade Player of the Year...WOW!! You're also lookin' @ a 3rd Team All-American point guard=that's our niece/cousin!

Her Team(Kentwood Lady Conks) finished their dream season ranked 1st in state(obviously) and #3 Nationally in the USA Today poll!

We are mighty proud of Lindsey's many accomplishments on court, but there's alot more to Lindz than just insane hoop skills, she's a gem off the court as well. Here are some cool links:

http://www.hsgametime.com/seattle/videopage.html?nvid=337038&shu=1

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-index.html?nvid=320399&shu=1

8 comments:

Uffens Family said...

So I totally cried thru that clip of the senior citizens going to the game. That says a lot about Lindsay. I would love to be that talented!! :)

The Bergesons said...

me too! haha--fun videos to watch! that is so fun that she gets such good publicity as a great girl in addition to outstanding player--good for her! how cute were those special guests:) hope they have some competition tonight:) you looked super pretty last night btw--your new jeans are really cute! britty

Washington Hills said...

Way to go Lindsay, whom I've never met, wink.

Love your new blog look. Brittany is amazing!

Kjrsten said...

She is my hero!

Dents said...

How cool, I love how you dressed up your boys for support. How is your running going?

Britney said...

Beckie,
I just got back from Mother's Day at the park and I saw your mom & dad. We were talking to your mom, about maybe coming up to WA and she said something about having to leave the cabin when you had a miscarriage. I didn't know that you had one and I don't know if you knew but I just had a miscarriage a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if I could ask you about yours? I have noticed that it helps to talk to people that have also had one. Anyway this is the only way I knew how to get in touch with you, sorry. Let me know if it is something that you don't want to talk about and I would totally understand that. But I was just wondering how you got past it? My email is britdejong@live.com. Britney :)

Laura Call said...

Beckie... I want to see a Hawaii post! I miss you!!! We NEED to get together... and soon!

Anonymous said...

man, she's amazing!! lucky that you all get to be related to the future Lindsay Jordan..hehe..or maybe Magic Lindsay? No. Anyway, I think you know what I mean. :)