Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hut Hut Hut Happy B-day Dane-o

For some reason I haven't learned my lesson that less is more! You would think just planning a party @ home would be less stressful but I actually prefer taking them somewhere entertaining despite the expense-esp when we just do friend parties every other year. Nevertheless, 14 boys came to Dane's birthday football camp on the sat. after his b-day & it was pretty crazy for a couple hours o' drills, hot dogs & gatorade!
My sister Britt is oh so creative & made a trading card as an invite, then one for each of the draft hopefuls after they posed with gear:)Thanks again to a few other dads who stayed to man the gauntlet,
field goal kick (not pictured) & football toss, ladder drill,40 yd. dash
& W cone route'Cuz heaven knows I certainly couldn't have pulled it off on my own...The eye black was a great idea until it came time to take the tape off-oops!
Boys will be boys after presents opened & sugar in systems:)

4 comments:

Laura Call said...

Wow! What a fun party, Dane!! Happy, Happy Birthday to you, buddy!

Okay seriously, what a creative, fun idea for an all out boys party! Looks like it was a big hit and lots of fun for those boys. I can't believe little Dane is a big 4 year-old!

I sure hope you've gotten my messages... I miss you! Oh, and we got Ellie's gift that was on our doorstep... you are always so thoughtful. Ellie was thrilled!! Instead of taking up more comment space, I'll just send you the card I have for you.

Washington Hills said...

Fab-U-LESS!!! Tell Chris he looks great in that purple hat. What a great party! Yes, I agree that less is more...but I LOVE the look of that party!

Kjrsten said...

Awesome party idea! Happy birthday Dane!

Grace said...

I have been meaning to email you forever, but I realized I don't have your email address! I'll have to call and get it from you.

The boys had a blast at Dane's party and loved their wristbands. That was really thoughtful of you to invite them. I haven't done anything more than family birthday parties...too scared :) The shark sweatshirt was ours, but it's fine if it's gone...no one has missed it :)

I hope you guys are well. We want to have you guys over soon!

Happy spring!