Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Turkey for You & A Turkey for Me:)

I am GRATEFUL for memories with family courtesy of my dad who enabled us all to fly south for winter (@ least for week of it:)) to Las Vegas! My sister Rachel lives there while her husband Mike attends dental school & she gave birth to my second adorable niece on Shaw side o' fam three weeks after Luke arrived:)Pretty mellow day as can be expected! Since we played so hard the previous couple days, we only managed to grocery shop before day of yet even that was quality bonding with my sisters..'Course it helped that mom and dad flew down with entire suitcase of home-baked goodness:)=dozens of rolls, appetizers, even fudge and choc. turtles!! Needless to say, we didn't starve while on vacation:) but I promise the holiday means more to me than just good food... My contribution were 4 desserts so everyone could have something s/he liked:) including blackberry crisp imported from WA.

Still had plenty of time to relax after morning in the kitchen but sadly realized my boys aren't nearly as entertained as I by Thanksgiving Day parade-oh well! They had just as much fun on/under the trampoline, swimming in Nov. or playing @ nearby parks considering 70 degree weather with Annie, their long-lost cousin who they missed after she spent summer @ grandma's house near us. 
Only in Las Vegas would they have cactus lights adjacent to chocolate factory, both of which we thoroughly enjoyed! However, I wouldn't want to be the one to put the lights on:) Did help to get us in mood for holidays...

1 comment:

Nicci said...

Hey girl, hope you don't mind me looking at your blog...found it on Rachael's blog. congrats on the new little one. How old are your kids now? You look fabulous!

Nicci
pricemania8.blogspot.com