Sunday, September 7, 2008

Y So Serious?!

For the record, Chris said he would put that headline on a poster IF he were a BYU Cougar fan:) I was obviously outnumbered by the males in my household in my blue-btw what shade of blue are they these days anyway?! I must admit being outta the Provo scene for 8 yrs. I was kinda confused:) but I do realize the horizontal stripes are not very flattering on my prego belly-oops!)
Unfortunately Cole changed his mind to be equally divided this very morning & wanted to wear his Locker jersey 'cuz he idolizes his dad & doesn't know any better!:) I later found out that Cole was clearly bribed by Chris with a lego set to trade sides but it was "their little secret" until Mon. night?!
Before the game, I let 'em bow down to WA: After the game since we made a deal that the boys would have to rise & shout & change their colors if BYU was victorious; perhaps they'd be more excited if their Cougar apparel options were better i.e. jersey but I forgot both times to bug my sisters when they visited from UT over the summer so this is all they had thanks to hand-me-downs:Chris will probably fill more of an editorial re-cap of the game; otherwise you can check out his response to my cousin under Seabrook post?! I also have to say that my school pride came out more than I thought during the game even though I'm a big Husky fan on any other day:) I truly just wanted the Cougs to show up so they could lay to rest the typical comment in the NoWest that they can't win outta MWC; however, not thrilled with outcome 'cuz hard to say they won fair & square with that call by the officials @ the end-ugh! Why couldn't the officials just let 'em finish? I'm also a big fan o' Jake Locker so hard not to feel badly for him...He's the last guy you would call unsportsmanlike! Didn't want to rub it in too much since I do share a bed with a die-hard Dawg, but had to capture the afternoon somewhat:) Now that it's over (even though I probably won't stop hearing about it for quite a while!), I hope the Huskies show up against Oklahoma next week 'cuz they did show considerable progress from their defeat in OR & I'd love for the BYU Cougs (we do need to clarify for the boys between 'em @ WSU:)) to beat UCLA! Oh, & we can join together on Sun. & cheer on the Seahawks-hope you will too! They've got some room for improvement too, but ya gotta love 'em!

12 comments:

The Bergesons said...

These pictures were awesome--Brooke and I will be on Jersey duty! Sucky call that's for sure but atleast I committed to be happy either way--it was atleast a good, close game! you look darling and dont need to worry about horizontal stripes! I love you-britty

sher said...

Go BYU! I wish I was a WA fan (don't tell your kids, they might not come back to play at my house)...guess you had to grow up here. Maybe Ill have some boys and then become a fan...'cause the Bird boys I know could care less! You guys have fish...Im impressed, we may try again...I've heard fish are easy :)

Anonymous said...

I skipped over the last part..I don't know a thing about any sport really and I definitely don't know anything about the Huskies (except the purple) and Cougars (except they're maroon in Wa and blue if you're in Ut)
I LOVE the pictures tho! The picture of you in the stripes looks darling, Chris is hilarious, thats a perfect man pose! and the kids..what can I say- those are so really cute kids!! When's the next boy arriving again??

Washington Hills said...

I love that you changed the boys to BYU blue after the game. That cracked me up. Dave and I are totally with you guys. We'll take the win, but it's too bad it's tainted. That Jake Locker is quite the player. Your huskies played great!

Kjrsten said...

I am going to have to go with the huskies on this one, being a WA native and went to the games as a child, because otherwise I am UTE which makes BYU my arch-enemy. And BTW the stripes are cute on that cute belly!

Michelle said...

Not a good weekend for us WA sport fans. What is wrong with our teams?!?! We tailgate right across from the ticket/will call windows, and behind us is the Hospital. Can't wait to meet up with you guys before a game... although I will not be going to the Standford game =( Little baby will only be a week and a half old, and I am having a c-section so getting around will still be not so comfortable. But I'll be at all the rest!! Are you going to make the game on Oct 18th?

Uffens Family said...

Well at least after this last weekend's game (UCLA and OU)...we know that BYU beating WA wasn't a fluke :) Sorry Chris! You know that I will be loyal to my alma mater! The boys do look sporting in their WA gear though...someday all your husky support will pay off...that is what I keep saying about my Mariner support at least :)

Brie Elliott Photography said...

Hey Beckie,
Sorry I just saw your comment you left! Cute pics by the way. What a cool mom those boys have. They are lucky! My e-mail is brie_hartzell@yahoo.com. Thanks for taking pics for me!

Dan and Heather said...

wow chris just read your response to my post right after the game- Hope we can still be civil when we see each other :) I'm just having fun- hope your not going to hold my life long fanaticism of BYU against me. just a thought now but do you still feel like BYU is in the "crappy" conference or is that the PAC 10 (aka USC and the 9 Dwarfs) since the MWC is clearly inferior with a 5-0 record vs the Pac 10 this year. And 84 was not a farce!- don't get all butt hurt because you were second

Kim said...

What are you talking about? Your prego belly is adorable! :)

Michelle said...

wow, won't be long now. how are the doctor appts going? Any chance you think you'll have this baby next week during the bye week =)

I have to say, it is SO nice to not be pregnant anymore !! Although I'm super tired, LOL.

Audra said...

My parents went to that game and it made my mom sick cause she's way too intense about BYU. She felt better when it was over though.:)

Do you have a new baby? :)