Sunday, January 27, 2008

Wally World

I have to admit, it was my idea. I'm a masochist, what can I say? On KJR(Sports radio) I heard that Wally Szczerbiak, a guard for the Seattle Sonics, and my wife's long-time crush, was gonna be signing autographs at the Southcenter Mall on Saturday for an hour. I called Beck and told her about this chance to be "united with the man of her dreams" leaving open the opportunity for her to say "but I'm married to the man of my dreams!" or "Who needs a really hot professional athlete when I have you, a balding, tooth-making, father of my children?" Sadly, there was none of that (sigh)...Instead our little family went up together to meet Wally, steal a picture or 2, and watch Beck flirt like a school girl. She would tell you that the only reason we went ahead was 'cuz we were already halfway there after picking up our boys from my sister's house in Covington. Whatever?! A jolly-good time was had by everyone, even me, bruised ego and all. But, let it be known, I expect full cooperation from the Mrs. when Jessica Alba comes to town.




After walking the entire length of the mall, we discovered that we'd missed technical cut-off in line by two people!? of course, news like that makes Beck's OCD take over...so we still waited for chance that the line would move faster than the guy thought & we'd make it in remaining half hour to the blessed table. She sent me ahead to take pics. just in case, but we made it after all for an official turn. Too bad Dane was asleep in her arms and I was the Paparazzi. A half-dead Dane cramped Beck's style so much that she requested a retake not knowing if/when the opportunity would arise again. I know, I wondered how many more "retakes" she would want. I'm no cow, but I know when someone's milking it!


Ahhh...that's better...my wife in Wally World...wonderful, huh? She thought so!

2 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Wally is hot...but he is NO Chris Parker :)
You are a good hubby Chris for even telling Beck about it...If one of Mike's celeb crushes was making an appearance I am not sure I would tell my him let alone make a day of it:)
Glad it was a good time and great pics!!!

The Bergesons said...

wally..schmally..he may be handsome but he pales in comparison Chrissy! I am glad you had fun..and while beck assured me it was all your idea..i know your intent was to indulge her crush..so sweet:) haha..love you guys..thanks for the post updates! britty